Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Working on words

As some may know we have had speech problems with my middle son at 15mths all he would say was mama, dada, and uhh and point for something as with any parent this scared us. Since time has gone on and progress was made at his 2 yr old appt he was almost to a 2 yr old level in speech but still holding off speech therepy I went the route of working with him more.

I am kind of schooling them everyday, we have class in the mornings. Read a story, listening to a project mommy made, right now I am doing power point presentations on farm animals. Then a craft, school in a nutshell for us and the boys love it.

Yesterday I did a power point on cows and then we glued spots on the cows. When Boo showed nana his cow she tells him nice cow and he tells her no Bull. I couldn't believe it he listened and learned something from me and used a new word. I have never had that kind of proud mama moment, but I hope there are many more to come.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Suzy, how exciting! That sounds like so much fun, and what a great momma moment :) You sound like a natural teacher!

Amber said...

Yay Suzy! I'm glad that you are making progress and you know that he is listening and learning! It must feel great!

Upstatemamma said...

That is great that he has made so many strides. My son really did not make many sentences until just before he was two either. It comes very quickly. One day they say nothing and then the next they are speaking paragraphs. :) It is so fun watching them.

3LittleFlowers said...

Wow!!!!! Great job to both of you!!! =)

Im Anelys from the Cloth Diaper Whisperer's blog, and I was wondering if you can stop by our blog today!! =)